Friday, October 14, 2016

Strips and lantern stems

Hello hello and happy Friday.  Kerry here, I'm super excited to share a card using the Caravelle Studio Cling Stamps called Strips & Lantern's Stems. When I first saw this stamp set, I was in love with the beautiful funky flower stems.  Immediately I wanted to create a field of funky flowers.  


And I did just that!   I started by creating the background with Tim Holtz distress paint in broken china, crushed olive, moved lawn, and salty ocean. 


 Then I added more colors by using the distress ink pad (using the same colors).  Then I stamped the beautiful lantern stems with Archival ink jet black.  


And I also stamped the flower strips stamps using Archival ink in Garden Patina randomly on the bottom half of the card to create some interest.  Then, I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in gathered twigs and seedless preserves.  I also added some butterflies by using Picket Fence distress ink pad & a blending tool from a stencil.  Next, I added some details by using a white gel pen and colored in some of the flowers.  I also added some Festive Fall Sequins mix along with some blings, and finished it up with splatter effects by using Prima color bloom mist in sunshine and lime wedge.


Hope you like it and thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great crafting day!

7 Kids College Fund goodies:

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The colors look fabulous my friend.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome-love colors in your funky field of flowers. I can see that field of flowers changing with the seasons and holidays. Sandy

    ReplyDelete